LAKESHORE PLAYERS DORVAL
Lakeshore Players Dorval is proud to present “Crimes of the Heart”, made famous by the Oscar-winning 1986 movie starring Diane Keaton and Jessica Lange, written by Beth Henley, directed by Ricky Zurif.
Please note that this is a volunteer, unpaid production.
The tragicomedy relates the story of the three Magrath sisters, Meg, Babe, and Lenny, who reunite at Old Granddaddy’s home in Hazlehurst, Mississippi, after Babe shoots her abusive husband. The sisters were raised in a dysfunctional family with a penchant for ugly predicaments. Each has endured her share of hardship and misery. Past resentments bubble to the surface as the sisters are forced to deal with assorted relatives and past relationships while coping with Babe’s latest incident. Each sister is forced to face the consequences of the “crimes of the heart” she has committed.
- Tuesday February 28th and Thursday March 2nd
- 7:00pm at the Chalet St. Charles at 90 Martin Ave. in Dorval.
- Callbacks, if necessary, will be Sunday March 5th at 1pm.
The show dates will be from June 8-17, 2017 and rehearsals will be held Tuesday and Thursday evenings as well as Sunday afternoons.
Audition sides are available for download on the sidebar.
Character descriptions (ages are approximate).
Lennie: 30, the oldest sister
Meg: 27, middle sister
Babe: 24, youngest sister
Chick: 29, a first cousin
Barnette: 26 Babe’s lawyer
Doc: 30, Meg’s old boyfriend
• These are group auditions and you may be asked to stay for the full time. Please make every effort to arrive at the beginning of your chosen audition. If you have time constraints, please inform the director when you first arrive.
• Audition sides will be provided at the audition if needed and memorisation is not required.